Are you unhappy with the color, position, shape, size or alignment of your smile? Do your teeth need repair for a defect such as a malformed bite, crooked teeth, to treat an injury, or simply to improve your overall appearance? If any of these apply, make this year the year you decide to do something about it with cosmetic dentistry. The doctors at Fort Collins Family and Cosmetic Dentistry of the Rockies are here to help restore your beautiful smile.
Advances in dental science have granted cosmetic dentists and the field of cosmetic dentistry the tools to treat a variety of cosmetic concerns so a patient’s smile can be what they always imagined and more. With the right cosmetic dentistry procedures, Drs. Willey and Murri and our Fort Collins dental team can transform your smile in natural, beautiful ways that will bolster your confidence and improve your appearance.
1) Teeth Whitening: As a licensed provider of the Sapphire Teeth Whitening System, Family & Cosmetic Dentistry of the Rockies can safely brighten your smile by 8 to 12 shades in just one office visit. Sapphire Teeth Whitening is a fast and simple procedure, and should take no more than 30 minutes to an hour. Unlike other whitening treatments that only use bleaching chemicals, Sapphire Whitening is able to produce brighter results in a shorter amount of time by combining light therapy with advanced chemistry.
2) Dental Implants: Dental implants represent some of the best advancements in dental science, cosmetic dentistry and technology and come highly recommended by the American Dental Association. Dental implants are considered the optimal solution for replacing missing teeth: they are permanent with proper care and hygiene, and they rival natural teeth in strength and looks. A dental implant is made with a titanium post, which is integrated into your jawbone on one end. At the other end is the abutment, which secures the prosthetic tooth to your mouth. The result is a natural looking smile that is as strong and secure (sometimes even more so) as the real thing.
3) Veneers: Porcelain veneers are the perfect cosmetic dental solution for restoring your smile for teeth that are permanently discolored; mildly worn down, chipped, or fractured; misaligned and irregularly shaped; or if you want to close unsightly gaps between your teeth. Veneers can safely correct these dental flaws without compromising your dental health.
Today’s porcelain veneers are resilient, ultra-thin ceramic shells that are custom made to fit your mouth and face with advanced computer imaging.
4) Contouring and Reshaping: Contouring and reshaping the teeth–also referred to as odontoplasty or enameloplasty–is a stripping or slenderizing of the teeth. Recontouring is the most conservative of cosmetic dentistry options. This quick and painless procedure provides you with instantaneous results. During the contouring and reshaping procedure your dentist will extract small amounts of tooth enamel to alter the tooth’s length, shape, or surface. The end-goal of the procedure is to restore a more natural, balanced appearance by eliminating inconsistencies in your smile that keep it from looking its best. (You can also learn more about the benefits of this cosmetic procedure by referring to the section on recontouring on the popular WebMD site.)
5) Cosmetic Bonding: Extensive cosmetic procedures such as veneers or crowns are usually unnecessary for improving mildly imperfect teeth, which can be easily restored with dental bonding. A popular and economical procedure in the field of cosmetic dentistry, cosmetic bonding is an ideal corrective dental solution for:
Dental bonding is considered a highly beneficial procedure for teeth that need only minor corrections. A special type of tooth-colored, durable resin is bonded to the tooth, which restores and improves the smile with natural looking results. Compared to other cosmetic procedures, dental bonding is relatively simple and inexpensive.
If you are interested in cosmetic dentistry to improve your smile and start the new year with a new look, we can help. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call our Fort Collins office today at (970) 223-8425. If you need to reach us after normal business hours, you can also submit your contact request or appointment reservation online using the form provided.