Advanced Laser Dentistry for Precise Results
Here at Family & Cosmetic Dentistry of the Rockies, we pride ourselves in providing advanced dental care to the communities of Fort Collins, Loveland and Windsor, Colorado. We are one of the few practices that offer innovative laser tissue treatment, which provides the advantages of superior precision, minimized bleeding, reduced risk of infection, and accelerated healing. Patients also report significantly less pain and discomfort during and after treatment.
Our laser tissue treatment is extremely versatile and can be used to:
- Detect subsurface cavities that elude x-rays and traditional probing tools
- Disinfect the cavity of a tooth prior to filling
- Treat hot/cold sensitivity by sealing the tubules at the root of the tooth
- Reshape gum and bone tissue to expose healthier tooth structure, creating a stronger foundation for tooth restoration placement (crown lengthening)
- Correct a gummy smile
- Treat limited tongue movement in children and babies, or to correct speech impediments caused by the tongue
- Painlessly remove soft tissue folds created by ill-fitting dentures
- Painlessly remove benign tumors inside the mouth, including the gums, cheeks, palate, and lips
- Treat cold sores, relieve pain and speed up healing
- Accelerate the teeth-whitening process
- Conduct regular and deep cleanings (scaling and root planing)
- Remove tartar
- Treat TMJ (Thermomandibular Joint Syndrome)
What Are the Benefits of Laser Tissue Treatment?
There are many reasons why patients overwhelmingly prefer lasers to traditional dental tools. Lasers offer the following benefits, which include:
- Reduced bleeding—The laser seals blood vessels and encourages blood clotting.
- Minimal or no stitches needed—Because the area has been cauterized, stitches may be completely unnecessary for some patients.
- Lowered risk of infection—The laser sterilizes the area immediately during treatment.
- Little or no pain—The laser seals nerve endings, which results in very little (if any) pain during and after treatment.
- Increased precision—This allows the dentist to limit the trauma to the treated area, which spares the surrounding tissue from inadvertent damage.
- Faster healing and regeneration—This is a result of decreased bleeding, trauma, and risk of infection.
Laser dentistry is particularly beneficial for patients who:
- Have an impaired or depressed immune system
- Are looking to avoid antibiotics and their side effects
- Want to minimize or eliminate the need for anesthesia
- Need to recover and heal quickly
- Want to avoid post-procedure pain and prescription pharmaceuticals
Though the advantages of laser technology is undeniable, it may not be suitable for treating every patient or condition. As with any other procedure or method, it is always best to discuss your goals and concerns with your dentist so you can choose what’s right for you.
Experience the Difference with Laser Tissue Treatment
If you want to know more about the advantages of laser dentistry and what it can do for the health of your smile, or if you’d like to make an appointment, call our Fort Collins office today at (970) 223-6101. You can also reach us at your convenience by sending a contact or appointment request online using the form below.